Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

[유튜브, 영어, 영어교육] Lingua Marina

Kpop 대 유행 덕인지 랜선 지인들중에 유튜브로 한국어를 꽤 유창하게 익힌 동남아 친구들이 좀 있다. 그렇다면 우리도 유튜브로 영어 배우기를 못할 리가 없지 않을까?

채널 이름인 Lingua Marina는 Marina의 언어라는 뜻인데 채널 주인의 이름이 Marina이기 때문이다. -a로 끝나는 덕택에 매우 라틴어스러운 채널명. (Marina Mogilko / Марина Могилко) 네이티브 미국인은 아니고 상트페테르부르크에서 왔다고. 영어 교육에 있어서 네이티브가 아니란 점은 장단이 있을 수 있으니 판단은 알아서.

개인적으로 추천하는 방법은 대충 원하는 주제와 10~20분 정도 길이의 조건에 맞는 영상을 음원만 따다가 폰에 넣고 비는 시간에 내용이 전부 외워질 정도로 듣는 것이다. 해당 주제뿐만 아니라 가르치는 형태의 영어를 익히기에 알맞다. 내가 영어로 무언가 가르쳐야 할 경우에도 좋고 그러한 내용을 듣게 되는 경우에도 좋고.

다음은 영상 앞부분의 스크립트. 그냥 심심해서 받아쓴 것인데 공부를 위해서라면 보지 않는 것이 좋다. 틀린 부분이 보인다면 부디 고쳐주시길.

Hey guys, welcome to Lingua Marina, and welcome to one of my favirite seasons of the year.

Today we're gonna talk about Christmas, and Christmas idioms in particular, so if you want to get into this festive mood (?) if you want to study with me in front of a Christmas tree, continue watching this video and please do not forget hit the like button for the Youtube algorithm and subscribe to this channel, let's get to the topic.

The first idiom that we're gonna learn today - Christmas came early this year. You can use this phrase when some unexpected good news is presented early, for example in November. You come home and you say "Mom, I got promoted" or "Mom, I took my Tofle exam and I scored 120 out of 120", and then this happens in November, your mom can say "Wow, Christmas came early this year". [Christmas came early for this year.]

Another expression is - Like turkeys voting for an early Christmas. This expression is used when people choose to accept a situation that would have a bad outcome for them. My colleagues working for 10 hours a day instead of 8 would be like turkeys voting for an early Christmas. So basically you're saying something you wouldn't like in the future.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating - That means the success of something can only be judged by testing or trying it. For example, "Everyone says this is going to be her best book. However, The proof of the pudding is in the eating." So we need to see the book first, and then talk about whether it was successful or not. [Well the proof, is in the pudding.]

To quit cold turkey - means to quit suddenly and unexpectedly. She quit drinking cold turkey right before Christmas, that means she was a heavy drinker, and then all of a sudden she quit it. She quit cold turkey. [Because I made you quit cold turkey.]

Be there with bells on - You can use this phrase to reply to an invitation that you're particulary excited about. "Are you coming to my Christmas party tomorrow? I'll be there with bells on." Means you're very excited to be there. [I'll be here with bells on.]

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth - That idiom means that you don't want to judge a gift even if you don't like it, because it was gifted by another person, you didn't have to pay for it and the person was probably having great intention when choosing a gift for you. "I know I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but the sweater is really ugly."

CheapLifer 2020.12.26 12:47

음원만 따로 저장하는 건 알아서...

• ?
    달려라청거북이 2020.12.26 22:08
    공부를 위해서라면 음원을 들을 때 음원에 해당하는 글을 읽으면 안되는건가요?
    CheapLifer 2020.12.27 11:31
    스크립트를 보면서 들으면 듣기 연습에 도움이 덜 된다고 합니다.
  • ?
    달려라청거북이 2020.12.28 00:23

스크립트를 보면서 듣는 건 도움이 덜 된다는 말이 있군요. 알려주심에 감사합니다.

1. [유튜브, 영어, 18세기 미국 생활사] Townsends; 1755 Scrambled Eggs - Quarter Pound of Butter?

2. [유튜브, 중국어, 요리] 马蹄厨房 Martin's Cuisine; 酥脆咸香, 一口爆汁, 风靡夜市数十载!

3. [웹, 일반, 유틸리티] 유튜브 영상에서 음원만 뽑아 저장하기

4. [유튜브, 영어, 여행/음식] Best Ever Food Review Show; Surviving Hong Kong! DARING Food Tour Amid Escalating Protests!

5. [유튜브, 영어, 영어교육] Lingua Marina; 13 Must-Know Christmas Idioms and Phrases

Board Pagination Prev 1 Next
/ 1